Google Groups

Re: [noir] {:keys [jayq waltz fetch crate monet]} pinot

Chris Granger Feb 4, 2012 9:09 PM
Posted in group: clj-noir
readme updated with rationale: https://github.com/ibdknox/jayq

Cheers,
Chris.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Chris Granger <ibd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Mark,
  1. I've been using jayq for event handling. The goog library's support for things like event delegation is non existent and my solution was pretty hacky :(
  2. Yep.
  3. You can pull them down with lein if you use either cljs-watch or lein-cljsbuild they'll mostly just work :) You'll just need to specify the extern for jquery if you use jayq with advanced compilation.
  4. Not at all :) I will write a rationale thing for the readme on jayq, but basically I've come to the conclusion that all the reasons that were given for not using jquery we're non-arguments. Advanced compilation will work just fine and the size difference is measure in bytes.
  5. I think that's a great idea, right now I feel like the ecosystem is a little too dependent on me, and I would like to open it up some more. If we have some solid proposals for that, I'd love to hear them. Like with all my things this group of stuff will eventually get a branded site and much better documentation, but there are a few other things that are more pressing on my plate right now. I just didn't want people to have to wait for me to start playing/seeing this stuff :)
Cheers,
Chris.

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 7:55 PM, Mark Rathwell <mark.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Chris,

This stuff looks great, as always.  A few questions (I'm sure some of
this will be in the coming documentation, but asking just in case):

1. I didn't see anything for event handling, is Pinot still the
preferred method there?
2. Is Pinot effectively being deprecated otherwise?
3. What is the preferred method for including these dependencies?
4. Does using jayq rule out advanced compilation?
5. Would you consider a wiki for documentation, editable by approved
members, or even public?  The documentation on github and your branded
sites has been great, but it might be nice for many to have one
location to access overviews, tutorials, examples, and api
documentation for the "Chris Granger Collection", as well as easily
being able to see how all of these projects interrelate for web
development.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to getting into this stuff deeper.

 - Mark