Google Groups

Re: [chakra-devel] Chakra-project.org is down

tetris4 Mar 12, 2014 2:47 PM
Posted in group: chakra-devel
Hello again,

I tried making a summary of the current situation below and will post any updates with follow up emails to keep everyone informed.

First the bad news. It looks like the scenario we were afraid of happened. =( The hosting provider must have shut down the server cause it wasn't paid by Manuel. Unfortunately we could not do anything about this since the account was on Manuel's name, no-one else had access to it and he hasn't been reachable for some time now. In that regard, I hope he is doing well.
AlmAck tried to contact the spanish host in the recent past so he could pay for the server to remain up but that did not work out either. He tried to reach them again today, we will see how this one goes.

The good news is, we expected this would happen sooner or later, so we have recently purchased a new server with a new host. We have also registered the "chakraos.org" domain name. Totte had already started working on setting this up and planning the roadmap for the move but there is still work to be done. Hopefully he will be able to get at least the main page and the forums up in the following days.

Users systems should not be affected by this. Unfortunately their next updates will be delayed, and we can't offer any support through the forums. For important issues one could ask on the mailing lists or the social networks accounts.

This is a temporary blackout for Chakra, but it's also a start of a new level of organization, through which these kind of issues will be avoided.

Regards,
Neophytos (tetris4)

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:30:59 PM UTC+2, Drake Justice wrote:
so much for their reliability. no terms were violated. i'll buy a quality server in about a month or so, dedicated, open to everyone known to the project. even 'formers' and newbs. it just needs scripts and such to repair any learning-damage anyone does immediately so things like our main_port_eighty_web_site doesn't go down to the public. this event hurts my heart greatly. i am very sorry to all that i haven't been able to help continue this vision these past couple of years... my code and irc input may have been too ugly for the chakra standard due to the constant kidney stones. passing about 2 per week isn't very fun, i have a nice jar full now. i've just recently gained my weight back and am able to function again. and my power cord for my development machine has arrived finally!! hope to you and meet you guys soon, with more help than i have been lately.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM, H W Tovetjärn <to...@tott.es> wrote:
On Wednesday 12 Mar 2014 09:40:18 tetris4 wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Seems like the main server is down. Can someone check why?
>
> Regards,
> Neophytos (tetris4)

I can't SSH in so it's probably the hosting provider that shut it down.

--
Best regards,
H W "totte" Tovetjärn