Google Groups

Re: Dev tools howto?

August Lilleaas Apr 21, 2012 2:18 AM
Posted in group: Buster.JS development
Which problem does the folder being named node_modules solve? You would need to set NODE_PATH anyway to make them requireable, and with NODE_PATH, the folder name is irrelevant.

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Christian Johansen <chri...@cjohansen.no> wrote:
Question: We discussed having all the dependencies in a flat directory structure, and call the root directory node_modules. That way Node will find all dependencies without linking and so on. I see that buster-dev-tools does not install, copy or symlink buster dependencies, but it does not create node_modules. Is that intentional?

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 08:41, Christian Johansen <chri...@cjohansen.no> wrote:
Trying out buster-dev-tools on Windows now, looks like it's working fine :) Nice work!

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 21:31, Matthias Kling <meisl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Indeed, it's mainly a) documenting the new options "pull"/"deps" (#136) and b) not recommending npm anymore but rather git only (pull#8 and here on Apr 17th) as far as I see. Maybe explicitly tell ppl to npm uninstall any older. It should be working, though, assuming you're using git only for it.
Anything I missed?

We already had several ppl getting confused so...
I could give it a try on Sunday; or maybe you wanna take care of it, August? I'm a bit short of time at the moment and buster-docs aren't fully working for me yet.

Am Freitag, 20. April 2012 08:17:54 UTC+2 schrieb Christian Johansen:
Hey,

Matthias/August: What's the current status of buster-dev-tools? I'm assuming that these docs are wrong? http://busterjs.org/docs/developers/ If dev-tools is currently working, could one of you update the docs to match so I can point people to it?

Christian

--
MVH
Christian