Google Groups

Retrieving author's uri from comment feed

W. Apr 20, 2012 6:28 PM
Posted in group: Blogger Developer Group

I'm trying to get an author's uri from the comments feed in python.

1) First, I retrieve the feed comment for the blog in json using
2) Then I loop through the entries using something like (for entry in
3) If I do entry['author'][0]['name']['$t'], I get the author's name
but when I try entry['author'][0]['uri']['$t'], I get an error that it
can't recognize uri ( the error is KeyError: 'uri'). Same thing if I
try to get the email.

How can I retrieve both the author's uri and the author's email
address? Note - I'm using python and I'm returning my results in json.