Google Groups

Re: factors in choosing lane position

#328 Gordon Apr 24, 2012 9:42 AM
Posted in group: BicycleDriving
A good, extensive list, including the ideas in the replies.

One suggestion regarding the presentation.  There are 2 kinds of
locations where cyclists need to decide where to position themselves:
at intersections, and on the roadway between the intersections. (These
are in 2 of the 5 "Principles of Driving in Traffic" in JF's EC.)
Some of your points cleanly fit into one or the other;  e.g. "edge
features"  with the roadway between intersections.  Others do not.  If
you could arrange these to indicate which location(s) some pertain to;
or, indicate which they pertain to, (mark with an I, or B); that could
help non-cyclists or beginners understand our logic.

Will you have diagrams with this?

   [ ... ]