Google Groups

RE: [beagleboard] BeagleBone: Maintaining Sub-repository to ease upstream effort

Hiremath, Vaibhav Feb 6, 2012 10:16 AM
Posted in group: BeagleBoard
On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 23:23:03, Jason Kridner wrote:
> On Monday, February 6, 2012, Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
>
>         1) We will host separate repository in github, maintaining
> various patches
>
>            for AM335x based BeagleBone -
>
>            Repo: git@github.com:hvaibhav/am335x-linux.git
> <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'git@github.com:hvaibhav/am335x-linux.git');>
> (Still yet push the code)
>
> Vaibhav,
>
> Please inform us once you have pushed the code.

Its already done...you can visit the repository and build the v3.3-rc1 kernel to get Linux prompt on BeagleBone.

https://github.com/hvaibhav/am335x-linux

> Also, if you could
> inform the BeagleBoard community regarding the status on some on-going
> basis, you might solicit some community contributions to the effort.
> Robert Nelson in particular has done some useful work for his
> Ubuntu/Debian kernels and Koen on the Angstrom kernels.  Folks looking
> for 1-wire, DT, PWM, pin ctrl and other support might also provide some
> useful contributions now that they are aware of this contribution path.

Any contribution to get our code to mainline would be really helpful and
Appreciated.
Currently the only focus I have is,

        - Baseport: Clock and HWMOD
                Big code, so will take some time to make it its way to mainline.
        - Device Tree: For AM335x (handling of different boards, etc...)
                Basic DT support is already queued up for v3.4

> Thanks very much for volunteering to take on this important work while
> you are also focused on improving support for Sitara devices in the
> Linux mainline.  I hope it is very synergistic work.

Lets see how it works and shapes up in the future. My main focus still would
be to get all our code into mainline, and without everybody's help it would
be very hard for me.

Thanks,
Vaibhav