Google Groups

Re: Getting BeagleBone working on Mac OSX 10.7 Lion 64-Bit

skip Dec 24, 2011 7:46 AM
Posted in group: BeagleBoard
Edouard,

    I just gave your solution a shot and it worked for me. Here are
the steps I used to get it to work;

1. I used Pacifist to extract the Info.plist file from the BeagleBone
FTDI_Ser.dmg package.
2. Made a backup copy of the existing Info.plist file in /System/
Library/Extensions/FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext/Contents/ for safe keeping
3. Replaced the existing Info.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/
FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext/Contents/ with the one extracted from the
BeagleBone FTDI_Ser.dmg package
4. Ran a "chmod 644 /System/Library/Extensions/
FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist" to get the permissions
to a state that OS X likes
5. Ran "kextutil FTDIUSBSerialDriver.kext" to load the new
personalities for the FTDI driver (restart would prob work too)
6. ...and Bam! Getting a list of /dev revealed 2 new tty.usbserial
entries.
7. Ran "screen /dev/tty.usbserial-<numbers>B 115200", hit return and I
was presented with the Angstrom login!

Thanks again for the info Edouard.

-Skip
TVHeadedRobots