Google Groups

Re: [beagleboard] Successfully compiled nodejs v0.6.13 on BeagleBone/Angström

Joheinz Mar 17, 2012 7:52 AM
Posted in group: BeagleBoard
Excellent! Can you already use this version with the installed cloud9 ide, or does that require extra steps?

2012/3/17 Jan <>
Node 0.4.x being outdated and having no NPM, I decided to build a more recent version.

Followed the steps from here, with some changes:

Here is exactly what I did (make sure you have build essentials etc. installed):

# Get source
tar -xf node-v0.6.13.tar.gz
cd node-v0.6.13

# Edit deps/v8/SConstruct and add two compiler flags:
    'CCFLAGS': ['$DIALECTFLAGS', '$WARNINGFLAGS', '-march=armv7-a', '-mtune=cortex-a8'],

# I decided to leave the existing node intact and install this version for a node user.
./configure --path=$HOME/local

# Grab a coffee

# Almost done
make install

Build took <1h. Until now I haven't had any problems. Don't forget to add $HOME/local/bin to your user's PATH.

make test resulted in only 1 failed test, and I think that was related to the busybox curl version having problems with https.

Hope someone finds this useful!

To join:
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to:
Frequently asked questions: