Google Groups

Re: (Arch Reactor) Kombucha fermentation demo

kwalta Oct 5, 2012 9:20 AM
Posted in group: Arch Reactor
How long you leave the SCOBY in the sweetened tea (black/green/etc) alters the taste. If you take the SCOBY out early and stop the brewing process, it's still pretty sweet. It has a cider-y flavor. You can add flavorings with the finished tea for a second brewing which makes it really fizzy like soda. I like to put in minced ginger and honey.

I'll bring some samples for people to taste.

As for benefits? From what I've read it may aid in digestion. I wouldn't trust the hippie sites that claim it's a cure for cancer. There isn't enough studies to support the claims.

On Friday, 5 October 2012 10:50:56 UTC-5, BlackTalon wrote:
What does it taste like?  And what are the health benefits to drinking it?