Google Groups

Re: (Arch Reactor) Kombucha fermentation demo

donls Oct 5, 2012 10:02 AM
Posted in group: Arch Reactor
I've been hearing a lot lately on NPR about how much effect intestinal microflora (and in other parts of the body) has on overall health, and practices that are altering microflora content are having severe health  consequences.

Bringing therapeutic bacteria introduction to market will first involve investigations into safety and effectiveness. In the meantime, researchers are really enthusiastic about changes in body function they observe when the right bacteria are introduced into people with problems. Most important example they gave was bacteria content in the nose contrasted between people with chronic rhinitis and those without. Also, introduction of bacteria into one part of the body can have effects elsewhere. I think one example was eating something like yogurt and having effects in the joints.

--Don Ellis

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM, George Fetters <gfet...@gmail.com> wrote:
What does it taste like?  And what are the health benefits to drinking it?

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 10:40 AM, kwalta <kimw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dat SCOBY...

Have you tried some of the flavored, fizzy stuff with a double fermination? I like it better than soda, but I can't seem to make enough to keep up with my soda consumption. :P

-Kim

On Friday, 5 October 2012 09:59:59 UTC-5, Derek wrote:
My wife is big into kombucha.  We've had this scoby (picture attached) a little over a year now.  She swears by it and loves it.  Myself, I'm a Diet Coke fan.  :(
-derek