Google Groups

Re: Wireless Cameras for the Space

Gene J. (GeekTinker) Oct 4, 2012 2:54 PM
Posted in group: Arch Reactor
I've considered the project of setting up a webcam on a computer for the space that allows for connecting it to Google+ as an Arch Reactor Hangout for any member who wants to do so.  We could also use that to broadcast our public events online as a Google Hangout. We could narrow access to members for any meetings that are not open to the public.  I may have a computer with enough power for this purpose.  Would anyone be opposed to that idea?

It would score "geek points" with me if somebody couldn't physically make it to the space for a meeting, but through a Google+ Hangout could present through the computer and the projector and receive feedback.

The same computer and camera could be used to record journal videos of what projects anybody is currently working on at our Makerspace, too.

Plus, it might allow more people to participate who can't always make it physically for a meeting.