Google Groups

Re: (Arch Reactor) Wireless Cameras for the Space

donls Oct 5, 2012 10:08 AM
Posted in group: Arch Reactor
I'm having a fantasy of a procedure where, when you enter the space, you turn off the internal cameras, then turn them on when you leave. Record all events while no authorized personnel  are present, record nothing while they are present.

This would still record all entry/departure of authorized personnel, but that is probably a good idea anyway (and could also be recovered from alarm logs). Video record of these events would just confirm that the person logging in is the person claimed.

One other item (I haven't been following this closely and it may have already been said) - any recorder needs to be hardened and maybe kept or mirrored in a separate location.

--Don Ellis

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:54 AM, John Reskusich <john.re...@gmail.com> wrote:

You also have the possibility of anybody in a reasonable range intercepting the stream.  Paul has demonstrated that one effectively.   Wireless ip cams are often insecure...might as well be public....

Another problem is that it shows a potential attacker what we have and where it is....of course this could be had by coming to a meeting. But, they would have to be seen...