Google Groups

Re: [aprsfi] Position reports from Winlink and Yotreps

Heikki Hannikainen May 19, 2012 11:25 PM
Posted in group: aprs.fi
On Sat, 19 May 2012, Eric Christensen wrote:

> I finally found the proper person (Lee Inman) to talk to about this.  Instead of giving aprs.fi
> access to the database, which would have required code changes on both sides, he started posting the
> position reports directly to the APRS-IS which makes it easier for all users.  The are posted as
> objects from "Winlink" and show up as a diamond with a 'P' overlay.

That's the right way to do it, the position data of Winlink stations
convert quite nicely to APRS and they're Amateur stations, so they fit
well on the amateur APRS network.

   - Hessu