Google Groups

Re: Meetup in Real Life & Online?

Kin Lane Apr 15, 2012 7:27 PM
Posted in group: API Craft
Hey Bill,

I will engage  you directly.

Kin lane

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 4:49 PM, Bill Wilder <coding...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Kin,

I'm in the Boston area. I don't have a good idea of what you have in mind (is there a fuller writeup of an example event?)...

But I may be able to help out and/or connect you with people who can.

We can also connect offline - my handle is codingoutloud on gmail.

Cheers,
-Bill

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Kin Lane <kin...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm currently planning a nine city Hackathon tour.  Starting in Los Angeles on 4/27

Following cities are Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, New Orleans, and Austin.  One of our primary sponsors Socrata is connecting the events with city leaders in each market.

I would be open to tacking on a 3rd day for the venue, either day before or day after for an API focused event.  Making it about the technology and business of APIs.

I've talked this over with several API industry leaders, API owners and had good response so far.  ProgrammableWeb said they'd support as well.

Also I have the buy in from CityGrid / IAC leaders to continue with this roadshow to other cities when successful, which could also take the API focus beyond the list above.

I'll keep drumming up support and see what we can do, I think its too late for LA (maybe not).  Let me know your feedback.

Hey Matt...also I'm in Vancouver 5/1 and 5/2.  Would love to grab some coffee or a beer.

Kin Lane

On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM, MattM <matthewmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone else in Vancouver?  There are a few of us on here already.  Could have a f2f meetup.

Thanks, Matt

+1 online (from Vancouver, BC)