Google Groups

Re: [APE Project] Re: APEd on Amazon EC2, can't bind to IP

Michele Vezzoli Apr 5, 2012 7:07 AM
Posted in group: APE Project
Paste your ape server file configuration plz

bye
:)

2012/4/5 sadtaco <zee...@gmail.com>
Nevermind. I thought I already tried binding to my private IP and it didn't work, but I hadn't. It worked doing that.

On Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:12:08 AM UTC-4, sadtaco wrote:
I'm having an issue setting up ape on Amazon EC2.

After installing zip and build-essential, I could compile no problem and it starts as long as I'm binding(ip_listen in config) to 127.0.0.1.
But bound to 127.0.0.1 I can only curl 127.0.0.1:6767 I can't access it from my public IP.

If I try to bind to my public IP, it says "Error: cannot bind to port 6767; Cannot assign requested address"

---
APE Project (Ajax Push Engine)
Official website : http://www.ape-project.org/
Git Hub : http://github.com/APE-Project/

--

Michele Vezzoli   IT Manager

TEL: +39.030.5230600  MOB: +39.328.0555322   FAX: +39.030.5230600  SKYPE: michele.vezzoli.vardump
VarDump S.r.l. - www.var-dump.it

This e-mail message does not imply or cause any obligation, unless it is provided by a previous written agreement. This message is confidential: if you have received it by mistake, please advise immediately the sender by e-mail and destroy the message and its attachments. You are hereby notified that any unauthorized use of the content of this message could constitute a criminal offence. Thank you.