Google Groups

Re: The things that used to be

Kari Sperring Aug 28, 2012 3:01 PM
Posted in group: Antipope Storm Refuge
Leela was great. I also liked Liz (one of Jo Pertwee's companions), who was a trained scientist and depicted as very bright and very able. Nyssa was, too, later on. And Ace was wonderful. And none of them fell in love with the doctor!

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:25:54 PM UTC+1, Damien S. wrote:
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:14:07PM +0100, Adrian Howard wrote:
> On the Doctor Who front I seem to recall that Romana kicked the Doctor's butt intellectually on more than one occasion.... but it was a long time ago so I'm probably misremembering.

I've mostly seen the first Romana, whos eemed to exist to get kidnapped
a lot.  Granted, so did the Doctor, but he was much more of a character.
They'd occasionally talk science and maybe once in a while she corrected
him, but meh.  Haven't seend the second version much.

For oldWho companions Leela stands out, but I was introduced to her in
Fang Rock.  About 15 minutes to get out of some dress the Doctor had
stuffed her into, to get into some guy's pants -- by which I mean she'd
taken his pants at knifepoint.  Frilly girl screams, Leela slaps her.
"You will do what the Doctor says or I will cut out your heart."

-xx- Damien X-)