Google Groups

Re: Fw: //

Chih-Wei Huang Jan 1, 2013 8:15 PM
Posted in group: Android-x86
Hi Chris & Dick,
Thank you very much to solve the issue quickly.

I do see the reasons to scan projects hosted
in google code to ensure it only serves
open source projects. :)
However, the way should be more modest and polite.
For example, notify the project admin what rules are
violated and give them a chance to explain and fix
before just ban it.
So far we didn't receive any notification from Google.
We only got many complaints from our users that
they cannot download the files.

Android-x86 does NOT use Google code to release
our source code. We use our own git server because of historical reasons.
When we began the project three years ago,
Google code didn't offer git repo yet.
So we have to set up our own server to
release the source code.

I know Google code offers git repo now.
If release code via Google code is a must,
I'll try it in the near future.

2013/1/2  <>:
> FYI-
> Sent: Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:03 PM
> To: Chris Smith
> Subject: Re:
> //
> ok...thanks for the heads up Chris...will pass the info on up to the powers
> that be...
> thanks again

Android-x86 project