Google Groups

Renderscript runtime

Dominik Grewe Apr 18, 2012 4:26 AM
Posted in group: android-platform
Hi,

I'm looking for more information on the Renderscript runtime,
specifically the part that distributes the work across multiple
processors. I can't find any information on the web and I also
couldn't find much information in the Android source code.

I tried to follow the calls resulting from a forEach from Java to JNI
but I get stuck in the file "android_renderscript_RenderScript.cpp".
There are 2 calls to "rsScriptForEach" but I can't find a definition
of that function (used grep on the entire source code). Is this part
maybe not open source?

Does anyone have more information on this?

Thanks
Dominik