Google Groups

Re: [android-kernel] Downloading Android kernel for emulator

mark gross Apr 13, 2012 9:56 AM
Posted in group: Android Linux Kernel Development
no ideas.

I'd start with dmesg and logcat from a console.

--makr

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Ninja Turtle <ps.nir...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Thanks Mark.

I successfully compiled the Goldfish kernel.
However I get a black screen when I start the emulator with:

emulator -kernel <path to zImage> -verbose

I also tried :

emulator  -partition-size 1024 -wipe-data -kernel <path to zImage> -verbose

but with little success.

Any idea?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM, mark gross <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
????

git clone https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/goldfish
git checkout android-goldfish-2.6.29

um.. profit !?

BTW You may want to use the emulator to get the config file off the emulator to use as a starting point.

'adb pull /proc/config.gz .'
'gunzip config.gz'

--mark

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Ninja Turtle <ps.nir...@googlemail.com> wrote:
@Patrick: So, should I change the URL?

@mark: Can you please clarify the procedure?
And has anyone tried to run iptables on emulator?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM, mark gross <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:

FWIW I don't hink the emulator kernel is in the common.git project.

aosp    https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/goldfish (fetch)  <-- I think its in here. and is the android-goldfish-2.6.29 branch.

<5>Linux version 2.6.29-g46b05b2 (vchtch...@vc-irv.irv.corp.google.com) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #28 Thu Nov 17 06:39:36 PST 2011

  android-goldfish-2.6.29 ef9c64a x86: vbox_defconfig: enable CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSE

--mark

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 7:55 AM, patrick Immling <pimm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I finally downloaded from
git clone http://android.googlesource.com/kernel/common.git

and got the sources

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:12 PM, mike digioia <mpd...@gmail.com> wrote:
looks like your ip is being rejected for some reason. did you setup ssh?

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM, Ninja Turtle <ps.nir...@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to download the kernel sources of android for emulator so that I can run iptables nat commands and play around.

I got the android 4.1 sources and compiled them. Now I am trying to download the kernel using: git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/common.git kernel

It returns the following error:

Initialized empty Git repository in /home/mydir/WORKING_DIRECTORY/kernel/.git/ android.git.kernel.org[0: 149.20.4.77]: errno=Connection refused fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

Any idea?

I had downloaded the repo script to download the android sources, so then I tried adding

in manifest.xml under .repo and then I did:

repo sync

However, this again resulted in the same error as above.

Please help

create interesting things.

create interesting things.

create interesting things.