Google Groups

Re: Registration ID size

Francesco Nerieri Jul 24, 2012 12:26 AM
Posted in group: android-gcm

The regID could grow up to 4k,

On Jul 23, 2012 11:59 PM, "Tomer Peled" <> wrote:

I've searched the documentation and the web for an answer for the question : "What is the size of the registration id?" but with no success.
I've found places which says it should be considered as the size of a cookie which is 4096 bytes, but some other places just use 163 bytes.
Notice that from tests which I've made it indeed use 163 bytes on regular base.
How should I store this key in my db? what size should I limit it?

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "android-gcm" group.
To post to this group, send email to
For more options, visit