Google Groups

Compile an Android application which is integrated in the Android firmware with root privileges

laurent delosieres Mar 20, 2012 12:53 PM
Posted in group: Android Developers
Dear Everybody,

I am sure that there is an easy way to solve this problem but I am
running out of ideas. I have an application that is integrated in the
Android firmware (android_src/packages/apps/MyApp). This application
is compiled by using the command "mmm packages/apps/MyApp". However I
would like to set the uid of this application "MyApp" to 0 since I
need to call commands such as "strace" and "kill" from this
application. Since it is supposed to monitor other Android
applications, I do not want to use the application "Superuser.apk"
which provides you root access.

Thank you in advance.

/Laurent