Google Groups

Re: Adding Group MMS functionality to AOSP

Vivek Vasani Sep 9, 2012 5:49 PM
Posted in group: Android Contributors
I have figured it out and tested it on my Galaxy Nexus/toro.

Framework and Mms.apk now:

- Thread incoming MMS with all recipients
- Send Group MMS when the conversation contains more than 1 recipient
- MMS messages will shoe the sender's name/number just above the body of the message to help distinguish who is saying what in group conversations.

The first two features are toggled by a checkbox in the Messaging app Settings.

I am now in the process of cleaning up the code and submitting it via Gerrit.

On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:33:39 AM UTC-4, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
I don't know anything about that code, sorry.

JBQ

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM, Vivek Vasani <vivek...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jean-Baptiste,
>
> I am currently working on adding this functionality to AOSP but I am having
> trouble navigating the framework. So far I have it so that there is a
> setting to enable/disable group messaging and the compose message activity
> changes the protocol from SMS to MMS when more than 1 recipient is in the TO
> field.
>
> The final task I have to make is in receiving the MMS(PDU) and calling the
> getOrCreateThreadId function with multiple addresses as opposed to the
> single FROM address of the sender when the MMS arrives. Can you point me to
> the appropriate class that handles the incoming MMS and also calls for the
> MMS/PDU be stored in the DB with getOrCreateThreadId()?
>
> - Vivek Vasani

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.