Google Groups

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.0.4 in AOSP

John Kirk Mar 30, 2012 1:59 PM
Posted in group: Android Building

Apologies in advance for this: I just got dizzy and fell from reading this thread. Great information as I am interested in creating a local mirror. Is this information organized anywhere for learners like me? Thank you all for your work and input.

On Mar 30, 2012 2:52 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Queru" <j...@android.com> wrote:
As a rule of thumb, almost all commits in all branches combined do
exist in the latest tagged release, which is the most common use case,
so if you mirror all the branches at the same time that's not going to
be much more expensive than mirroring just the latest release,
currently 4.0.4. At the current count, 409384 vs 404374 commits if I
got my scripts right.

Now, if you want to mirror older branches, that's a different story As
an example, for 2.2.3 the count is 206575 vs 85659. Unfortunately,
there's no easy way to know which branch to mirror to get a given tag,
other than knowing ahead of time (or writing a script for that, which
sounds possible).

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.