Google Groups

Re: [android-building] Re: Android 4.1 in AOSP

Al Sutton Jul 10, 2012 10:42 PM
Posted in group: Android Building
I've been told JB is slightly more memory/CPU efficient than ICS, so it seems a safe bet that the ICS requirements will be fine for JB.

Al.
--
Al Sutton - Funky Android Ltd.
(www.funkyandroid.com)

T: @alsutton
G+: http://goo.gl/ymi9b

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

On 11 Jul 2012, at 02:54, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:

I expect the system requirements to be published as part of the
Compatibility Definition Document, which isn't available yet for 4.1.

I'm not 100% sure as I'm not directly involved, but from my distant
seat it's likely to be largely unchanged from Ice Cream Sandwich.

JBQ

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM, DLang <darrell....@gmail.com> wrote:
Are there any minimum system requirements for devices to run JB really?  I
haven't found a recommended spec list, but maybe I just don't know where to
look.

On Monday, July 9, 2012 5:56:11 PM UTC-5, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:

We're releasing Android 4.1 in AOSP today.

The name of the tagged release is android-4.1.1_r1.

The name of the development branch is jb-dev.

We recommend that you create new clients, even if you're working in
the master branch. It'll make your clients smaller and faster to sync.

Proprietary binaries are available for Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus. Nexus
S and Xoom will follow.

JBQ, on behalf of the entire Android team at Google.

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Technical Lead, Android Open Source Project, Google.

warning.