Google Groups

Re: [android-building] Re: Android with Hardware Float

Jean-Baptiste Queru Apr 28, 2012 12:04 PM
Posted in group: Android Building
Yes, the emulator supports ARMv7-A, VFPv3-D32 and NEON.

Note: in the emulator, NEON code is sometimes slower than non-NEON code.

JBQ

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Vik <vikra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks JBQ. But will it work with the emulator?
> Also, isn't NEON the SIMD extension and vfp3 the floating point
> extension for v7?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On Apr 27, 3:29 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>> I meant, device/samsung/tuna/BoardConfig.mk
>>
>> JBQ
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>> > See e.g. device/samsung/tuna:
>>
>> > TARGET_CPU_ABI := armeabi-v7a
>> > TARGET_CPU_ABI2 := armeabi
>> > TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT := armv7-a-neon
>>
>> > JBQ

>> > --
>> > Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> > Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.
>>
>> > Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> > will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> > warning.
>>
>> --
>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
>> Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.
>>
>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
>> warning.

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.