Google Groups

Re: austria remailer's keys compromised

Kulin Apr 25, 2012 4:05 PM
Posted in group: alt.privacy.anon-server
"christian mock" <c...@tahina.priv.at> wrote in message

> Today, the police arrived with a court order that allowed them to
> create a forensic disk image of the austria remailer. This apparently
> was on request of the US authorities, related to the Pittsburgh bomb
> threats.

I called on you guys (i.e. all the remailer ops) in an earlier usenet
post in this NG to DESTROY ALL PRIVATE KEYS AND TO GENERATE NEW ONES.
This to prevent the Feds or anyone else from breaking the chain. I'm
pretty sure they (FBI) have a remailer message and they're trying to
peel away the encryption one layer at a time. There's a good chance the
bomber used a 3 remailer chain (the default in QuickSilver, I believe)
so it's VITAL that EVERY REMAILER DESTROYS ITS OLD KEYS AND GENERATE
NEW ONES A.S.A.P to prevent them retrieving the last remailer private
key.

Failure to do this and the resulting destruction of anonymity will
result in an enormous loss of face for the remailer community.