Google Groups

The Second Scientific Workshop on IPBES in Tokyo

Kunihiko Kobayashi Feb 8, 2012 9:11 AM
Posted in group: Stakeholder Forum on IPBES - ARCHIVE
Dear all

As you may be know that The Ministry of the Environment of Japan will
hold the Second Scientific Workshop on International Science-Policy
Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), in
collaboration with the United Nations University on 27-29 February
2012 in Tokyo. If I could participate to its workshop I would like to
report it. More details, please check the below URL. (English)

Kunihiko Kobayashi

2012/2/8  <>:
> Dear All,
> A brief mention about the 2nd session of the Plenary on IPBES. The
> advance version of all documents are now available on
> This
> includes document IPBES.MI/2/2 which is about possible elements for
> the work programme. I advice a careful reading of this remarkable
> piece of work, which will be pivotal in the discussions.
> Las week, I also found inspiring the reading of an opinion published
> in TREE by G. Mace and colleagues about the relationships of
> biodiversity and ecosystem services. Here is the reference:
> Biodiversity and ecosystem services: a multilayered relationship by
> Georgina M. Mace, Ken Norris, Alastair H. Fitter in Trends in Ecology
> and Evolution, January 2012, Vol.27 No 1, pp19-26.
> Best regards,
> Pierre Commenville
> IUCN work programme on IPBES
> --
> For more information on the involvement of civil society in IPBES, please visit
> For more information on IPBES, please visit
> The Stakeholder Forum on IPBES is established and moderated by the IUCN Programme on IPBES. For assistance or additional information, please write to

Kunihiko Kobayashi
Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies,
Sophia University
A SEED JAPAN Biodiversity Project Leader
Secretariat of Japan committee for IUCN