Google Groups

Re: How to receive the logged in user info

Danial Klimkin Jun 20, 2012 1:36 AM
Posted in group: AdWords API Forum
Hello PatrickvKleef,

It is not possible to retrieve the logged in user email address via AdWords API when using OAuth. I suggest to use clientCustomerId instead.

You can obtain the list of customer IDs the logged in user has access to via ServicesAccountService or InfoService and use them to whitelist users to access your application.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

On Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:56:14 AM UTC+4, PatrickvKleef wrote:
Thanks for your response Anash!

Maybe it's a good idea to explain what I want do.
I would like to give certain users access to the web application I'm building. When using the Adwords API
client library it is possible to login users with OAuth, but the problem is that not everybody with
a google account should have access to the web application. So I would like to receive the email (and other user information only for displaying) of the user
and than check if the user has access rights. Is there a better way of give users access to your
web application that's using the Adwords API?

The user accounts that can access the web application has access to google adwords accounts (one or more client customer Ids).

Greetings!

Op donderdag 14 juni 2012 07:18:12 UTC+2 schreef Anash P. Oommen het volgende:
Hi Patrick,

AdWords doesn't contain information about the user name, profile image, etc. What it has at best is the company name of the Advertiser account and login email. You could use ServicedAccountService to retrieve these information. See https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/latest/ServicedAccountService for details.

In case you are looking for the profile of the logged in user, that's outside the scope of AdWords API. This link might help you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7130648/get-user-info-via-google-api

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

On Wednesday, 13 June 2012 00:48:24 UTC+5:30, PatrickvKleef wrote:
Hi!

I'm new with using the Google Adwords API. I'm using OAuth to authenticate users.
I would like to receive user information (emailaddress, name, etc.) when the user is authenticated with OAuth.

Can somebody help me with this?