Google Groups

Re: Adhoc reports count against budget?

Kevin Winter Jul 9, 2012 12:18 PM
Posted in group: AdWords API Forum
Hi Oliver,
  AdHoc reports are free.  The note is intended to have developers make sure they have not used up all their available units within their monthly budget (any free units + paid units from budget).  You need to have at least 1 unit (paid or free) available to run reports, but the reports themselves cost 0.

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

On Thursday, July 5, 2012 6:35:22 AM UTC-4, Oliver wrote:
I'd been under the impression that adhoc reports are free until I came across a comment on this page:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/reporting

it says:

Note: Although AdHoc Reports operations do not incur monetary costs, they still count against your monthly operations budget. Before running a batch of reports, verify that you have enough units in your budget to avoid a MONTHLY_BUDGET_REACHED error.

What does this mean? If adhoc reports count against my budget, and when my budget depletes I have to buy more units, then adhoc reports are not free?  Can someone please explain?

Oliver