Google Groups

Re: [ace] window.console

iruff Nov 8, 2012 12:23 PM
Posted in group: Cloud9 Editor (Ace)
My apologies on the double similar messages...

Ok, so let me back up then. If I just try to do the most simple case where I do a copy/paste of the example of embedding into an html file, I get this error in the Chrome console

Could not load worker ace.js:1
  1. code18
  2. message"SECURITY_ERR: DOM Exception 18"
  3. name"SECURITY_ERR"
  4. stack"Error: An attempt was made to break through the security policy of the user agent.↵ at new g (↵ at createWorker (↵ at $startWorker (↵ at setMode (↵ at↵ at i (↵ at e (↵ at i (↵ at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> ("
  5. __proto__DOMException
Directly linking to the worker was my workaround for the above error, but of course produced the error you responded about. I've attached the html, but it should be a near copy/paste with the exception of my failed workarounds being commented out.

Thanks for the quick reply!

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:38:48 PM UTC-5, Harutyun Amirjanyan wrote:
worker shouldn't be included in window it's meant to be loaded into webWorker

i'll add a descriptive error message to it
since this question comes up very often.