Google Groups

Re: The Next Dimension of Google Maps - Official Post

Joshua Joyner Jul 21, 2012 12:06 AM
Posted in group: 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps
Absolutely! If there is anything out there that could push the creativity of the users it would be this. Hopefully more of the smaller communities and places of this world will be modeled as a result. I started a bit late on things so I didn't get the opportunity to model some of the most well known structures of the world but I have found just as much enjoyment modeling things that only the "locals" would care about. I hope my hometown of Texarkana eventually gets this new tech but in the meantime I will keep on modeling so it will have its place in GE. When the time comes to say goodbye to my hard work I shall do it gracefully because all I ever wanted was for it to be visible in the first place. When I was in the army I use to get online and look at satellite imagery of home on GE and just wish it was displayed like some of the bigger cities in the US. I felt closer to home for some reason. Now I have satisfied that but I know I could never fully create the true picture perfect area as its just impossible to do everything. This tech allows that and I couldn't be more excited. Thanks for keeping us informed Craig and I think you've been quite graceful.  Best of luck to all of the staff and I'm sure most of us, though disappointed, know that yall are just as passionate as the rest of us about GE.
Best of luck,
Josh