Google Groups

Re: The Next Dimension of Google Maps - Official Post

Ricardo Nunes Jun 8, 2012 2:20 AM
Posted in group: 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps
Clickable buildings were the only thing that really mattered. Remove that and Google Earth becomes irrelevant.
Lets hope that our new friends Trimble realize this and retain this functionality along with the 3D warehouse.

Nevertheless, some other business will do it sooner or latter. Our detailed 3D models to well inside a FPS gaming engine. And yes, you can use that to visit interiors.
Change is hard but it's time to start doing something new :-)