Google Groups

Re: The Next Dimension of Google Maps - Official Post

matthiasbasler Jun 8, 2012 9:09 AM
Posted in group: 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps
On 8 Jun., 00:47, "Sebastian S." <sebastian.strittmat...@gmx.net>
wrote:
> But I don't understand why it has to be one of those two 'versions', why
> can't both versions not be compined?

That's EXACTLY the point. Technically they old and new 3D layer could
be provided side by side, at least in a future Google Earth version.
Its just a question of money to maintain and update two 3D layers and
maintain the high number of 3D building reviewers. Since Google is a
company and thus primarily wants to make money I have not much hope
they will make this concession to us. (Google, please prove me wrong!)

Matthias Basler