Google Groups

Re: The Next Dimension of Google Maps - Official Post

Sebastian S. Jun 7, 2012 3:47 PM
Posted in group: 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps

But I don't understand why it has to be one of those two 'versions', why can't both versions not be compined?

The post of Auquicu seems to be a solution everybody can live with...

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/3dwh/RtxD5JGbc1o

It was possible with grey buildings so why isn't that possible with those two different typs of layers? I understand that this is not a solution for the mobile service but to be honest (even if it sounds harsh) those people (or let me say the most of them) who use this service don't know what is behind this project so I guess they don't care if there's only one version accessible on their smart phone, etc.

I really hope that the Google Guides (who I think, are the last ones who want this like that) can bring this possible solution to those who make the decisions.

I will not renounce all hope yet! :)

Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012 23:45:51 UTC+2 schrieb CraigD - Google:
Denoall, I can understand your reaction. This wasn't an easy decision for us to make and in no way represents the respect we have for you all. We are modelers as well, and share your feelings. However, for Google Earth to continue to be at the forefront of 3D technology, we have to evolve and use the latest technology possible. I realize this comes as a complete shock to some, and I can completely understand your reaction.

I hope that you do continue to enjoy modeling in SketchUp, even if we're unable to display your work in 3D imagery cities.

      - Craig

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 9:49:56 PM UTC-6, Denoall wrote:
This is a treason to the 3d community after all the hard work we have put in Google earth this is really unfair. I really do not feel like keep modelling after reading your post