Google Groups

Re: The Next Dimension of Google Maps - Official Post

Google Craig Jun 6, 2012 3:18 PM
Posted in group: 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps
Hi PeterG, I'm not entirely sure what your question is, but we're not publishing the names of cities that will have 3D imagery data at this time. I would assume that larger cities will be published before smaller cities, but this may vary.

Since we have our own airplanes to collect the 3D imagery data, we are not relying on public/free/licensed data from other sources at this time, regardless of whether they have it already.

Thanks,

     - CraigD