Google Groups

Re: The Next Dimension of Google Maps - Official Post

Doug Jun 10, 2012 6:40 PM
Posted in group: 3D Modeling for Google Earth & Maps
I don't know if I want to wait for Google to start removing my buildings one by one or just delete them all now. I do know if I keep them, I will delete them en mass when Google starts removing them.

Question : Is Google going to change the badge system ? Even though they're fairly meaningless ,except for bragging rights, I would hate to see fewer badges every time that I login. It's depressing enough.

Since Google is eventually going to remove the models from GE, I'm really curious why Trimble bought SketchUp and the rights to our models. This is another reason why I want to delete my models.

I'll probably just hang in for awhile and see what happens but I personnel don't see any reason to make any new buildings.