Google Groups

Photo Groups, Sets, Customer Portfolio and similar

Pietro Madaschi Aug 31, 2012 2:57 AM
Posted in group: 360Cities Community

Categories: 360Cities questions and support: :

Jeff, Elena and other group members

sorry to be late in considering this important topic but I was out for some time.

The request/need for a functionality of "group", "Portfolio", etc. to offer to customers (that want to embed our photos/tours in their websites) is on the table of 360cities since more than a year (just look in the posts of this group).
It is a clear and recognized need for professional photographers (PRO or not) that sell their 360 Photos to customers for publication on web. Especially for those not connected to a web design company.
Flash is no longer an "easy" solution for such needs: just navigate with an IPAD and see how many sites cannot display ANY 360 Photo because they are all Flash dependent.
The users and web designers have to address today a variety of display devices, more end more complex to program for a proper 360 Photo display. This becomes a serious barrier/limitation to sell 360 Photos/Tours.
With rocketing sales of tablet/smartphone, the situation is getting every day more and more important,urgent.

So:
- 360cities is the biggest community and platform for 360 Photos
- 360cities platform displays 360 Photos already reasonably on different devices, including mobiles.
- 360cities wants to be a community both for professional photographers and for amateurs.
- 360cities business-oriented members are asking repeatedly for this functionality.
- 360Cities pro photographers (members) plan seriously their activities: customer sale/care/support as well as investments, including software development.
- 360cities is the natural provider of clean solutions of portfolio embedding for customers (and therefore for pro photographers) that want to insert 360 Photos in their websites but do not want to invest in web design.

How long do we have to wait for having such a functionality implemented in 360cities? Or do we have to invest by ourselves in a solution for our customers?
As GREG says above:
  "what is the actual RoadMap of 360cities" ... on this issue???

A reply would be welcome also to allow me to plan properly.
Best regards
Pietro

Il giorno venerdì 17 agosto 2012 15:10:16 UTC+2, Jeffrey ha scritto:

Hi Everybody,

Allow me to step in and make a couple comments

of course we want to develop this "Sets" of panoramas feature. It is a good, and obvious, and cool, thing to have.  Until we DO have it:

Actually it is already possible to make a "Set" now, using the powerful functionality of tagging your panos. Remember,  you can give an infinite number of tags to a pano,
just give a unique tag to the panos you want to make a set
and then you can link to the search result page. For example, when I was in california, I had one set of panos that I made when I drove highway 1. And then another set of panos from the whole trip (including the drive on highway 1)
http://www.360cities.net/search/jeffhighway1drive2012
this is a bit of a hack, but it should give you some of the functionality you want.
additionally, note that the pano page only lists the first 6 tags. so you can even have "secret" tags that only you know about!

the easiest way for you to apply a tag to multiple panoramas is to use the "batch edit" feature http://www.360cities.net/account/batch
1. click all the panos you want to edit
2. select "Edit these images' texts" and click "edit"
3. click "Set texts for all panoramas"
4. write the tags you want and then click "apply"
5. click "save"

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:00:07 AM UTC+2, Greg Panayotou wrote:
Hi there...

nearly OffTopic (but not that much), what is the actual RoadMap of 360cities ?
As a pro account holder, what can we expect in the (near?) future ?

Best Regards

Greg
www.direct2brain.com

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 2:27:06 AM UTC+11, elena.martinez wrote:
Hello Carlos,

First of all Google Groups set your post in the spam list. I really don't know why but as I'm a moderator of the group I've posted into the 360Cities community.

Yes,  maybe my reply sound like canned. But this answer it was just to let you know that I've red your post and that I forwarded the message to 360Cities team. Now, we have to discuss about it and take a decision. I'm sorry if you thought that your message wasn't take seriously, but we keep in mind all the suggestions and we discuss about them, and we really want to listen to all our users to improve our service.

So we're grateful to you.

Regards,

Elena

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 12:54:39 PM UTC+2, Carlos Chegado Lists wrote:
Elena,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
I forward it to 360Cities. I'll let you know any new information I'll have.

Before your reply in a way which looks like a canned answer to me, please take a couple minutes and search this 360cities group. You will see that many 360cities users besides me have already asked for this feature long ago.
It's not a question of forwarding this to the 360cities team, they already have that feature requested multiple times, unless this team is not the same anymore and the notes where lost in the swap!
I had suggested this years ago since 360cities came up with the failed virtual tours system based on maps that was too much trouble to use.

I am puzzled why is 360cities is deff to these very good suggestions and urgently needed features, even if you decide to launch this for Pros only, heck, we're paying for it right? Makes sense to me and to a lot of people to have this feature and the Portfolio View just doesn't cut it.

My best regards
Os melhores cumprimentos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carlos Chegado

NYC2012.org - The International Panoramic Photography Conference, New York City, June 13-16, 2012.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 11:30 AM, elena.martinez <elena.m...@360cities.net> wrote:
Hello Carlos,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.
I forward it to 360Cities. I'll let you know any new information I'll have.

Best regards,

Elena

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 4:45:16 PM UTC+2, Carlos Chegado Lists wrote:
Hi,

360cities is missing a very big feature which is to enable it's users to group a number of panos together and share it with whom ever we want using a group URL, call it whatever you want.

I know this has been discussed before, but seriously, how many more years do we have to wait for such a basic feature to appear?

I know you have "Portfolio View Mode" but that doesn't cut it, I want to be able to easily select what panos I want to group together and share that group only!!!

My best regards
Os melhores cumprimentos