Minimum jars required for Android app

Jeff Rancier

Feb 5, 2015, 5:47:09 PM2/5/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I saw the maven releases, but if I want to include the jars as resources in my AndroidStudio app, what are the minimum jar files required to get the scanner functionality? Or would I include the Barcode Scanner jars as resources, and then call via the Intent? My objective is to NOT have users have to install anything but my app.

Sean Owen

Feb 6, 2015, 2:26:49 AM2/6/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
As has been discussed so many times here and on the internet and https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/License-Questions  -- please do not copy the entire Barcode Scanner app. Write your own app around the core library, or integrate with Intents. Not wanting to install another app doesn't obviate the trademark and functional problems of cloning this app.

Jeff Rancier

Feb 6, 2015, 6:47:10 AM2/6/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 5:47:09 PM UTC-5, Jeff Rancier wrote:
> I saw the maven releases, but if I want to include the jars as resources in my AndroidStudio app, what are the minimum jar files required to get the scanner functionality? Or would I include the Barcode Scanner jars as resources, and then call via the Intent? My objective is to NOT have users have to install anything but my app.

Sorry for the repetition. I missed that link.