Micro QR Codes

Marvin Dettmar

Feb 17, 2015, 7:41:45 AM2/17/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I already found a post about Micro QR-Codes not being supported from 2009. But, then again, somehow, somewhere I found on github a Project based on ZXing (if I understood correctly) which supports atleast Decoding and Encoding, but not detecting Micro QR Codes from Images.

Question now is: Does anyone know whether there is any Micro QR-Code detection Feature available?

Thanks in advance

Sean Owen

Feb 17, 2015, 12:03:11 PM2/17/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Nothing in this project, no. There is no more development on this project and I have limited time to review patches, but, if someone contributed a clean simple patch for supporting Micro QR I'd work on committing it. I think it'd be moderately difficult though as it's fairly different from normal QR codes actually; almost a separate format.

Marvin Dettmar

Feb 18, 2015, 4:26:55 AM2/18/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Am Dienstag, 17. Februar 2015 18:03:11 UTC+1 schrieb Sean Owen:
> Nothing in this project, no. There is no more development on this project and I have limited time to review patches, but, if someone contributed a clean simple patch for supporting Micro QR I'd work on committing it. I think it'd be moderately difficult though as it's fairly different from normal QR codes actually; almost a separate format.

Yeah I already thought so. Nevertheless here is the link to the Project I found, just in Case you might want to take a look on it:

https://github.com/tupunco/ZXing-CSharp

Another Question: Would it be possible to crop the QR-Code out of an Image that afterwards the QR-Reader could decode it? (without a Detector-Method)