Any plans to replace obsolete Android classes?

Peter Taps

May 7, 2015, 6:27:23 PM5/7/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

The Android source code for zxing builds fine when built against SDK level 20. However, if you move to an upper SDK level, you will get hundreds of warnings about using SDK classes that are marked as obsolete. For example, "Camera" class is marked as obsolete.

Wondering if there any plans to replace such obsolete classes.

Regards,
Peter

李璋螂

May 10, 2015, 4:25:32 PM5/10/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Peter Taps於 2015年5月8日星期五 UTC+8上午6時27分23秒寫道:
Peter Taps於 2015年5月8日星期五 UTC+8上午6時27分23秒寫道:

Sean Owen

May 12, 2015, 8:18:08 PM5/12/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com, ptr...@gmail.com
The app supports API 15, and I don't think requiring SDK 21+ would happen for a long time. Since there's no more development here really, I don't think it would happen in this project.
Rewriting the app to use the new camera would be cool though in any event. In fact I'd love to see someone create an all-new successor app based on the same core. The current Android app ultimately goes back all the way to Android 0.9 and so I bet a much cleaner app could be designed from scratch.