Missing copyright notice in an Android application developed by a large French company

Fabrice Salvaire

Dec 4, 2017, 11:35:23 AM12/4/17
to zxing
I disassembled this application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.laposte.lapostemobile which is provided by the french postal service company https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Poste_(France)

Apparently it contains zxing and many other nasty things ...

But I could not find any copyright notices in the UI.

If I understood well the Apache license they missed something. Am I right ?

Sean Owen

Dec 25, 2017, 3:28:11 PM12/25/17
to zxing
I haven't looked at the app, but if there's no license attribution anywhere, yeah, that's technically wrong. See https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/License-Questions for more thoughts on this. I have gotten people to fix this sort of thing in the past but just impossible to keep up with all the apps. Feel free to ask them or anyone you see with this issue if they're aware of the license implications.