Adoption of SPIN Code Format

Alexander Bello

Jun 22, 2017, 6:44:41 PM6/22/17
to zxing
Hello everyone,

I actually reached out to you on LinkedIn Sean but I'll go ahead and post here. I've been helping small companies with the process of creating UPC codes for a while now. I've been giving them free SPIN codes for all the UPC codes that they purchased and allowing them to register their product attributes much like GS1's database for their products.

We piggyback a longer identification number in a QR code which allows for plenty of expansion space in the SPIN code domain, much like IPv4 vs. IPv6. As we are building out our infrastructure, I'm curious to know what it would take to onboard our format onto this app? As in, when someone scans a QR code that matches our format it queries our api for the information? Either I or some of us here at SPIN can actually do the implementation, I'm just curious what the project thinks.

Thank you!