Decode PDF 417 from command line for PHP integration

Bruce Pettyjohn

Apr 22, 2017, 12:07:17 PM4/22/17
to zxing
I'm trying to decode the PDF417 barcode for a web application.

The documentation and search for other application information indicates I could call the java command line similar to this one from PHP.

java -cp -verbose -jar ./javase-3.3.0.jar;./core-3.3.0.jar \
com.google.zxing.client.j2se.CommandLineRunner \
decode ./test.jpg

When I test just the command line I am getting this error.

no main manifest attribute, in ./javase-3.3.0.jar
invalid file (bad magic number): Exec format error

It looks like the main function is there when looking at the CommandLineRunner code.

Any guidance to resolve this would be most appreciated.

Sean Owen

Apr 26, 2017, 5:56:51 AM4/26/17
to zxing
Your command line is wrong in a few wyas. You don't have a classpath, you set a runnable -jar that isn't runnable, you specify two of them actually, and use the wrong path separator. Those two jars belong in -cp