archive of ZXing project hosting on google code?

Hongjoo Lee

May 4, 2015, 2:45:07 PM5/4/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm a PG student studying software engineering.

As some papers related to issue trackers have been studied on ZXing, I'm trying to verify datasets have been released with them. Interestingly, there are some missings and distorsions between each other and I couldn't take any of those as a subject due to such unreliability.

In case of other subjects, I could export each dataset from the various issue trackers, however it is unfortunate to find the ZXing hosting on google code had been closed and could not access anymore.

I wonder if I can get the archived dataset from project owner or any contributors so that I can continue my study.

Thank you.

Sean Owen

May 6, 2015, 3:40:50 AM5/6/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Google Code is shutting down. I don't have an archive of the old issues, but many were ported to github anyway. This happened a few years ago so the old issues are pretty old now.

Hongjoo Lee

May 6, 2015, 10:44:49 PM5/6/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com
That's too bad to hear that you don't have any archive. Unfortunately, exporting Google Code projects to Github doesn't preserve the timestamps and some other details and those won't be reliable dataset either even if I could find some already exported ZXing projects in github. So my best hope was getting the official archive from the project owner or contributor...

Anyway, thanks for answering.