comments on Google Play reviews

GammaProtocol

Nov 11, 2016, 6:51:31 PM11/11/16
to zxing
I've been reading the comments you guys leave on reviews! absolutely hysterical! your app has always worked well. maybe because i have always had a pure android device. coincidence? i think not.

Cheers!

GP

Sean Owen

Nov 12, 2016, 5:34:33 AM11/12/16
to zxing
It's me, and, I probably shouldn't in some cases. It is a bit of an outlet for me.

Of course, most feedback is positive and lots is constructive (thanks). However I'm often appalled at some hateful, half-literate 'feedback'. I see it in real-life too, people feeling entitled to be abusive because they think they're a "customer". Heck, here hundreds of people have made free software. It's almost tops my amazement and how regularly people ignore or don't even think about the open source licensing. This is a project in an unusual position of power; we've actually been able to call on Google to help enforce licensing in egregious cases, and they helped do that for the greater good of developers. Likewise here I give the feedback that, I believe, most companies/developers think they can't because they need to build a business or make a living. I have no such constraint.