porting ZXing to Squeak, failing AZTEC_DATA_10 test

Rob Withers

Jan 27, 2018, 11:26:05 AM1/27/18
to zxing
I have taken the task of porting ZXing to Squeak/Pharo and I mostly have the ReedSolomonTestCase passing. I say mostly as there is an issue with testAztec, with the field AZTEC_DATA_10. I am trying to use random data corruptions to test the error correction. The tests for other Aztec fields and Data Matrix and QRCode fields all pass.

Other than figuring out why AZTEC_DATA_10 is failing and fixing that, I am looking at the other encodings and wondering which would be best to port to Squeak. I think I need to port the QRCode encoder and decoder. What would you advise me to pursue?

Thank you,
Robert

Stephen Dakin

May 30, 2019, 9:40:41 AM5/30/19
to zxing
HI Rob

Did you get anywhere with the DataMatrix port?
I have a customer with a requirement to print datamatrix barcodes for RM Mailmark and I wish to implement our solution using our PostID toolkit (squeak).

Thanks, Steve

Bob Withers

May 30, 2019, 11:12:58 PM5/30/19
to Stephen Dakin, zxing
No, sorry, I bailed on that effort to focus on my crypto.

Rob