help me with validation Barcode 128

zaratustra

Nov 18, 2010, 6:15:15 AM11/18/10
to zxing
Hi, I would like someone to help me, and I need to do a function in
Java to verify that a barcode 128 is correct, anyone can show me this
code? thanks and sorry for my english

zaratustra

Nov 19, 2010, 7:23:32 AM11/19/10
to zxing
nothing know the code to validate a barcode 128??? I don't know the
rules applied to validate... help!

Sean Owen

Nov 19, 2010, 8:07:10 AM11/19/10
to zxing
What do you mean by 'validate'? The Code 128 format includes a
checksum mechanism, which you can learn about by searching the
internet. The decoder implements a checksum verification.

zaratustra

Nov 19, 2010, 8:25:20 AM11/19/10
to zxing
I mean is if I write a string of alphanumeric characters, you can
check if the string is a valid barcode 128, do you understand? I want
this checksum/function...

Bas Vijfwinkel

Nov 19, 2010, 9:24:48 AM11/19/10
to zxing
The checksum routine is already present in the zxing library.
If the checksum fails, the zxing library will not return a positive
result or suggest that the checksum is wrong.

But take a look at this site for a detailed explanation how the
checksum is being calculated :
http://www.adams1.com/128code.html
This should be enough information to write the routine.
If not, let us know.

zaratustra

Nov 22, 2010, 4:11:45 AM11/22/10
to zxing
Thank you very much. One last thing, do you know which file to library
ZXing where is the barcode checksum routine for the barcode 128?

Sean Owen

Nov 22, 2010, 6:12:02 AM11/22/10
to zxing
Code128Reader.java -- I think you would have benefitted from searching
the code first.

zaratustra

Nov 22, 2010, 7:46:19 AM11/22/10
to zxing