cannot decode the following datamatrix but the commercial package did.

benzwt benzwt

Aug 16, 2017, 1:41:14 AM8/16/17
to zxing
I have a datamatrix which failed to be decoded by zxing and many others decoder.
However, I found that it can be decoded by commercial package.

https://www.2dtg.com/decode

Would, someone helps me to identify is it a valid datamatrix ?
or what feature zxing could have lack.

thanks!

(please check the attachment)

618_bitmap_margin_4x.tif

Lachezar Dobrev

Aug 16, 2017, 5:04:25 AM8/16/17
to benzwt benzwt, zxing
This is a mirrored image Data Matrix.

See the attached transposed/mirrored variant that scans fine.

There is support for mirrored QR Codes, but the Data Matrix decoder
(it seems) does not support that. I am not sure if any standard
allows/specifies how to handle Data Matrix with
mirroring/transposition.
> --
618_bitmap_margin_4x.png

benzwt benzwt

Aug 17, 2017, 5:03:22 AM8/17/17
to zxing, ben...@gmail.com
you are right!
After transposing the datamatrix, everything works fine !

thanks!

Lachezar Dobrev於 2017年8月16日星期三 UTC+8下午5時04分25秒寫道: