Issue 1699 in zxing: C++ port of qrcode encoding

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 9:29:51 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----

New issue 1699 by robertgr...@gmail.com: C++ port of qrcode encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

Attached is a patch with the following changes:

Corrections to CMakeLists.txt to use win_iconv.c.

Port of Java code for qrcode encoding.

Attachments:
zxing_qrencoding.patch 59.5 KB

issue notifications to this address.

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 9:37:43 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 1699 by smpar...@smparkes.net: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

Wow. Thanks!

A few questions: is this pretty much a verbatim transliteration of the
Java? Does that apply to the non-qrcode changes as well?

Did you port the tests? We haven't been doing that a lot but since c++ and
java deal with character encodings very differently ...

Can you describe how you dealt with the character encoding stuff? When I
looked at this casually a while ago, the lack of character encodings in c++
complicated things. I saw something at the end that seemed to default to
8859? I guess I'd probably default to utf8 ...

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 9:44:45 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 1699 by robertgr...@gmail.com: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

It's a direct translation of the Java code that does qrcode encoding.

As the Java version did, I only add the ECI header info if the mode is BYTE
and the encoding is not ISO-8859-1. I'm assuming that the string to encode
is already in that format.

I haven't ported the tests. I have my own set of regression tests here.

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 9:54:14 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 1699 by robertgr...@gmail.com: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

The non-qrcode related changes are:

Additions to BitArray to allow appending.
Fix to GenericGFPoly to make sure vector is big enough to hold returned
values.
Changes to DecodeHints and LinesSampler to stop duplicate symbol when
linking with Visual Studio.
Changes to Mode to remember bits and allow access to it.

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 10:06:14 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 1699 by smpar...@smparkes.net: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

Right. I just wondering if aside from portability issues, are those
non-qrcode changes the same as the existing java code?

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 10:07:55 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 1699 by robertgr...@gmail.com: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

They should be the same.

zx...@googlecode.com

Jun 3, 2013, 10:09:25 PM6/3/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 1699 by smpar...@smparkes.net: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

Cool. I can't look at this until the weekend but it looks pretty
straightforward then.

Thanks!

zx...@googlecode.com

Jul 24, 2013, 10:31:20 AM7/24/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #7 on issue 1699 by lucasbet...@gmail.com: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for.
But will this be Windows only?

zx...@googlecode.com

Jul 31, 2013, 6:20:23 PM7/31/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #8 on issue 1699 by robertgr...@gmail.com: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
http://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

While some of the changes in the patch are specific to Windows, the QR code
generation should be reasonably platform dependent. We have it running on
iOS, OSX, Windows and Android.

zx...@googlecode.com

Feb 24, 2015, 11:18:42 AM2/24/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Comment #10 on issue 1699 by s...@eyeducation.com: C++ port of qrcode
encoding
https://code.google.com/p/zxing/issues/detail?id=1699

Where can i download zxing encoder for cpp ? thanks

Bas Vijfwinkel

Feb 24, 2015, 10:35:17 PM2/24/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com, codesite...@google.com, zx...@googlecode.com

> Where can i download zxing encoder for cpp ? thanks
The description page links to the tree:
https://github.com/zxing/zxing/tree/00f634024ceeee591f54e6984ea7dd666fab22ae/cpp

Bas Vijfwinkel

Feb 24, 2015, 10:38:27 PM2/24/15
to zx...@googlegroups.com, codesite...@google.com, zx...@googlecode.com
It seems that no encoders exist in this project so unfortunately you might have to write that yourself.
The core code is very clean so it is easy to write the encoder.
Also, a lot of stuff from the decoder can be used for the encoder.