How to determine the min / maxCodewordWidth for a Bitmatrix image for PDF417 Decoding

pgmacdesign

Apr 4, 2018, 3:34:26 PM4/4/18
to zxing
Good day all,
I am working with and relatively new to PDF417 images and am trying to decode them. I am utilizing the com.google.zxing.pdf417.decoder.decode() method (link: https://github.com/zxing/zxing/blob/04595508b63c3bde614b59dac361b50bfadb8757/core/src/main/java/com/google/zxing/pdf417/decoder/PDF417ScanningDecoder.java) and I see that the last 2 required parameters are: "int minCodewordWidth" and "int maxCodewordWidth".

Aside from the fact that I do not know how to obtain those, there is also a todo note up top that reads, "TODO don't pass in minCodewordWidth and maxCodewordWidth, pass in barcode columns for start and stop pattern columns".

At the time of this call, I have the bitmap image of the actual pdf417, the base64 String version of it, the BinaryBitmap, the ResultPoint array, and the PDF417DetectorResult(s).
My question is, with the information I have, how do I determine the required variables that are needed for this function?

Thanks for the help, all!

Pat